Glide through stunning rural landscapes, traverse lush valleys and drift along winding city canals past ancient landmarks. APT takes you cruising in style - with more luxury river ships exploring even more of Europe's rivers.
- Seine River - Discover the Norman countryside in France as you travel between Paris and Rouen. Experience beautiful villages, pleasant landscapes and historic châteaux.
- Rhine River - Thw Rhine offers some of the most picturesque cruising imaginable, with hillsides dotted with quaint towns, vineyards, ancient castles and ruins.
- Main River - A crucial part of the corridor that links the North and Black seas, the Main runs through the German states of Bavaria, Baden-Württemberg and Hesse.
- Main-Danube Canal - Having taken 32 years to construct and completed in 1992, the canal's stair-step locks allow ships to cross Europe's Continental Divide between the Main and Danube rivers. It runs from Bamberg via Nuremberg to Kelheim..
- Danube River - Flowing through ten countries, the Danube is Europe's second largest river. Originating in Germany's Black Forest, the river leads to the Black Sea.
- Moselle River - a tributary of the Rhine, the Moselle originates in the Vosges Mountains and flows though the wine-producing regions of France, Germany and Luxembourg.
- Rhône River - the Rhône originates in the beautiful region of the Swiss Alps, and runs through the Provence region of southern France before entering the Mediterranean Sea.
- Saône River - The Saône is a river of eastern France. It is a right tributary of the River Rhône, rising at Vioménil and joining the Rhône in Lyon.
- Douro River - The Douro River threads its way through Portugal's ethereal landscapes, teeming with colourful cityscapes, picture-perfect scenery and historic charm.
- Dordogne, Garonne and Girdone River - Cruise Bordeaux’s three majestic waterways and experience the pleasant French villages, towns and cities perched on their banks.
Here are some of our most popular European cruises:
- Magnificent Europe - Board this iconic 15 day cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest, for a luxurious APT adventure.
- Rhine, Rhône and Moselle - Enjoy an exclusive APT opportunity and cruise three of Europe's most beautiful rivers, from Paris to Monte Carlo in 21 days.
- Turkey - Experience 28 days of wonder as you explore the delights of Turkey before floating through 5 countries on a luxury river cruise.
- Eastern Europe - Travel from Prague to Amsterdam and spend 25 days exploring this fascinating region that has undergone such enormous change over the last few decades.
- Italy, Croatia and the Balkans - Discover the romance of the Mediterranean and be enthralled by the famous sites of Rome and Florence, before joining your European river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam.
- Switzerland - Start in Zurich and be charmed over 27 days as you discover the striking mountainside scenery and immaculate cities of this beautiful country, before joining a cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam.
- Spain and Portugal - Enjoy the laid-back nature of these memorable countries that have inspired some of the world's great artist and musicians, as you discover this region over 14 days, from Lisbon to Madrid.
- Christmas Time in Europe - Enjoy this 10 day Christmas time cruise from Prague to Budapest. Stroll through winter villages and shop at festive Christmas markets as twinkling lights and a crisp frost lend themselves to traditional Yuletide greetings.
To help you prepare for your journey we have put together some information that will assist you with your final arrangements. Whether you're wondering about your tour's services and amenities, how to handle gratuities, contact details, and more - we hope this information helps you along your way.
Download APT's Europe General Travel Information here.
We wish you an enjoyable experience and know you'll return home with wonderful memories of a unique and exciting holiday with APT.
Be aware that it is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct documentation completed to enter any of these countries, and incorrect documents may cause you delays, that affect you starting your tour.
The United Kingdom
In general tourist visitors do not need a visa for tourist to this country for a stay up to 6 months. As requirements do change depending on your country of citizenship, plus your destination within the United Kingdom it is best to check details with your nearest British High Commission.
Vaccinations are not required for yellow fever, malaria or cholera. For all health requirements and recommendations travelers should check with a local Department of Health.
Visa and Vaccination Requirements
Each European country has their own visa and vaccination requirements, depending on your country of citizenship. It is best to ask your travel agent to assist, or contact the appropriate embassy/high commission for further details.
Travellers from the United States can also consult: http//travel.state.gov
This information is correct at time of publishing. Travellers should always contact their nearest embassy or foreign office, and travel agent to confirm all their requirements for visas, vaccinations and passports.