Glide through stunning rural landscapes, traverse lush valleys and drift along winding city canals past ancient landmarks. APT takes you cruising in style - with more luxury river ships exploring even more of Europe's rivers.
- Seine River - Discover the Norman countryside in France, a veritable treasure trove of beautiful villages, pleasant landscapes, quaint towns, historic chateaux, grand cathedrals and imposing castles.
- Rhine River - one of Europe's most important waterways, the Rhine offers some of the most picturesque cruising imaginable. Especially where it runs through the Rhine Gorge, where hillsides are dotted with quaint towns, vineyards, ancient castles and ruins.
- Main River - a crucial part of the corridor that links the North and Black seas, the Main runs through the German states of Bavaria, Baden-Württemberg and Hesse.
- Main-Danube Canal - having taken 32 years to construct, the canal was completed in 1992. A feat of modern engineering, its stair-step locks allow ships to cross Europe's Continental Divide between the Main and Danube rivers. It runs from Bamberg via Nuremberg to Kelheim, connecting the North Sea and Atlantic Ocean to the Black Sea.
- Danube River - flowing through ten countries and four capital cities, the Danube, at nearly 3,000 kilometres, is Europe's second largest river, and is definitely one of its most majestic. Originating in Germany's Black Forest, the river leads to the Black Sea.
- Moselle River - a tributary of the Rhine, the Moselle originates in the Vosges Mountains and flows primarily though the lush wine-producing regions of France, Germany and Luxembourg.
- Rhône River - the Rhône originates in the beautiful region of the Swiss Alps, and runs through the Provence region of southern France before entering the Mediterranean Sea. The Rhône crosses the gastronomic centres of France, connecting the cities of Arles, Avignon and Lyon. This is a waterway steeped in history and surrounded by breathtaking beauty.
- Douro River - Teeming with colourful cityscapes, picture-perfect scenery and historic charm, this sun-drenched region of Spain and Portugal is a cultural gem.
Discover Europe with an APT Cruise or Tour director, and you’ll discover why they’re regarded as the best in the business. Your Cruise & Tour Director will bring together all the elements of your holiday for an unforgettable experience.
The Best in the Business
Every year, we receive overwhelming praise for our Cruise and Tour directors from recent APT guests. It’s not surprising – it’s their job to help maintain our 98% satisfaction rating with customers. By going above and beyond the call of duty, our Cruise and Tour directors have built a reputation as the best in the business, and have become renowned as a highlight of the APT holiday experience.
Sharing Your Passion for Europe
Our Cruise and Tour directors are passionate about Europe, and passionate about ensuring your APT experience is everything you expect and more.
On every journey, at every destination, your Cruise or Tour Director will be present to offer personal assistance with any needs, requests or concerns. Whether you want assurance about the day ahead, need assistance with planning your week, or have a special, one-off request, our Cruise and Tour directors are there to make sure your holiday experiences run smoothly, and that your discovery of Europe is unforgettable.
Our globally recognised chefs cater for a range of speciality dining experiences onboard. Using fresh, local produce, they consistently create culinary masterpieces that offer sumptuous insight into the distinct regional flavours of Europe.
Inclusive Meal Plan - A champagne breakfast is on offer every morning, including eggs cooked to order. Lunch comprises a wide selection of hot and cold dishes, while each evening, you’ll be treated to a beautifully prepared five-course à la carte dinner. All meals on board are included, as indicated: B – Breakfast; L – Lunch; D – Dinner.
Personalised Dining Options - At every meal, delicious vegetarian and gluten-free options are available*. Every morning, an early risers breakfast is prepared for those that wake early. In the evening, tasty late-night snacks will satisfy guests that are peckish before they retire to bed. In between main meals, a refreshing morning and afternoon tea is served at leisure in the ship’s Main Lounge, and Europe’s finest tea and coffee is available 24 hours a day – so there’s no possibility you’ll ever go hungry during your cruise.
Special Dining Events - While every onboard meal represents a wonderful culinary journey, various events ensure your culinary experience on board is the best on Europe’s rivers. These include the Captain’s Gala Welcome Dinner; cooking demonstrations and wine tastings; a Continental Divide Cocktail Celebration; a Farewell Dinner; and an APT Cocktail Evening (on APT Platinum Series Cruises).
The Drinks Are On Us - During dinner on board each evening, you’re able to sample a variety of fine regional wines produced by local European vineyards. Regional beer and soft drink are also included at no extra cost. In keeping with our commitment to all-inclusive cruising, on an APT Platinum Series Cruise, if you’d like a beer or glass of wine with lunch, that’s on us too.
Chaîne Des Rôtisseurs
|We’re proud to be the only river cruise line inducted into La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs – one of the world’s most prestigious culinary organisations. Chartered in the 13th century, the society thrived for hundreds of years until the French Revolution brought an end to the guild system. Reborn in Paris in 1950, today membership is by invitation only and is considered an achievement of world-class culinary acumen. The society has grown to include professional chefs, restaurateurs and hoteliers. All of APT’s ships in Europe are members of the Chaîne Des Rôtisseurs.
Overseen by Europe’s Finest - Our fleet’s Executive Chef, Primus Perchtold, directs the menus on every cruise. With multiple awards to his name, including three gold medals at the European Championship of Culinary Art, you’ll be treated to some of the most amazing flavours in Europe. Like Primus, all of our culinary staff are united by a desire to share their expert knowledge of wine and fine dining with you. As an additional treat, one of Chef Perchtold’s recipes will be waiting on your pillow every night, giving you the opportunity to recreate his culinary magic on your return home.
Only APT offer eight unique dining experiences in a range of locations onboard.
- Verde Fine Dining Restaurant - Providing the quintessential fine dining experience, your ship’s main restaurant serves freshly-prepared gourmet cuisine.
- Bella Cucina Restaurant^ - Another stylish restaurant, the Bella Cucina offers you the chance to indulge in delicious Italian-style fare at dinner.
- The Intimate Erlebnis Chef’s Table Restaurant^ - Look on in wonder as your private chef prepares a speciality tasting menu in this unique and exclusive 24-seat restaurant.
- Main Lounge Casual Dining - At lunch, casual light meals are on offer in the comfort of your ship’s Main Lounge.
- Wine Room Private Dining^ - The Wine Room accommodates two private tables of up to six guests. It’s the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion.
- Sun Deck Alfresco Lunch - Weather and river conditions permitting, on select days, you can choose to head to the Sun Deck to enjoy your alfresco lunch.
- Room Service Dining* - On an APT Platinum Series Cruise, guests in select suites can order a continental breakfast in their suite in the morning and a meal cooked to order in the evening.
^ Only available on Concerto River Ships.
Our sparkling onboard entertainment brings evenings to life. Uncover Europe’s customs, encounter the locals and enjoy performances that will not only fill your evenings with enjoyment, but enhance your experience of regional cultures as well.
An Incredible Programme
Aboard an APT Royal Collection cruise, sunset doesn’t signify the day’s end – it merely marks the beginning of an evening of charming onboard entertainment. For it is then that our ships’ Main and Observation lounges combine to create an ambient Showroom. This is where you’ll come to enjoy our included entertainment programme – a range of performances that enhance your sightseeing experiences by giving you an insight into the cultures and customs of each destination. The following are just a selection of what you might expect from your evenings on board a luxury APT Royal Collection river cruise.
On many cruises, you’ll have the chance to experience an expert glass-blower give an illuminating demonstration of their craft. Become part of the action with the Bavarian Beer Experience, as young Bavarians arrive with a variety of beers for you to sample, and provide a humorous insight into beer-making as well as its importance to the Bavarian people. And for guests that cruise on the Rhône River in France, a silk-making demonstration provides insight into an age-old industry for which the city of Lyon is famous.
Magical Musical Evenings
Relax to the classical sounds of the violin during a performance from La Strada; and let the ‘Sound of Austria’ trio introduce you to classical opera. In Budapest, Hungarian folklore is brought to life by talented gypsy violinists, who will entertain you during dinner with their traditional and uplifting local music.
During a lecture presented by the ship’s captain, you’ll learn how the locks of the waterways function, while a European historian will explain modern-day Europe from an entirely new angle.
Delightful Piano Throughout
For the duration of your cruise, a pianist is in the Observation Lounge, quietly playing soothing music and some old classics.
The Perfect Complement
Although the style of entertainment may vary during your cruise, the outstanding quality doesn’t – it’s the perfect complement to your day’s discovery.
Note: performers listed here may not appear on all departures.
With APT, you can expect attentive, friendly service, every day.
Whatever your concerns, you can be sure they'll drift away on an APT holiday. That's because you'll be looked after by the best in the business - our dedicated crew, welcoming hospitality staff, knowledgeable guides and, of course, your APT Cruise Director.
The Captain and Crew - On board, your experienced captain and dedicated crew possess wide knowledge and training in their areas of expertise, so your safety and comfort is assured at all times.
APT Cruise Directors - The Best in the Business - On an APT Platinum Series cruise, an APT Cruise Director joins you to offer personal assistance with any needs or concerns arising during your holiday. Whether on land or water, they'll be there to answer queries, going the extra mile to ensure your experience is unforgettable. It's not just their job - it's their passion.
Local Guides - Bring local knowledge - As you explore fascinating cities, towns and villages on our Small Group Shore Excursions, you'll enjoy the services of an English-speaking local guide. Unlike other guides, they do not receive commission from local establishments, so you can be sure you're getting impartial advice.
Exceptional and Friendly Hospitality Staff - We select our restaurant, kitchen and bar staff for more than just their expertise. They all offer knowledge, skills and experience in hospitality - but most importantly, they do so with a smile. Whether pouring the perfect drink or rustling up a gourmet delight, they're on hand to provide the ultimate in first-class service. At the Reception Desk, staff are always there to assist you. The team is led by a dedicated onboard Hotel Manager.
Your Onboard Family - On our ships, the staff-to-guest ratio is the highest on Europe's rivers, so you'll soon count the lovely crew among your friends. You'll be treated as a unique individual, and won't want to leave your onboard family when it's time to disembark.
Private Butler Service - Guests in several suite categories enjoy the services of a butler, who is on hand to offer the highest level in personal service. Services include: pressing of two garments a day; shoe shining; tea & coffee service; booking of appointments, independent shore excursions and Freedom of Choice Touring activities. In addition, a number of guests in select suites will enjoy an enhanced range of butler services, including the service of afternoon fruit skewers, pre-dinner canapés and evening petits-fours; a packing and unpacking service; bath-drawing, and valet service (arranging limousines and similar).
Note: Butler Services are available to guests in Cat. T+, P, P+, Owner's & Owner's+ on Concerto Class ships. Enhanced butler services are available to guests in Cat. P+, Owner's Suites & Owner's Suites+ on Concerto Class Ships.
Your European History Team - Through the combined efforts of our guest historians and lecturers, local guides and your cruise director, you'll absorb the fascinating history of each region visited.
APT's European-based Operations Staff - Dedicated, English-speaking APT staff are based in London, Vienna, Cologne, Amsterdam, Budapest, Paris and Prague. If the unexpected occurs while you are travelling, our staff will provide assistance with minimal disruption to your holiday.
Our APT City Concierge - APT city concierges are on hand to assist you in select European capitals. In Paris, Prague, Amsterdam and Budapest, they'll help ensure a seamless transfer between cruise and land, and a memorable stay.