Health and Wellbeing While Travelling
The wellbeing of everyone travelling with us has always been of paramount importance and we are committed to keeping everyone safe. If illness occurs, we will provide guests with support and assistance which can range from organising a medical professional to provide medical advice, to organising alternative travel arrangement should you need to return home early. It is important to note that all additional costs incurred in such situations will be the responsibility of the guest and highly recommend you purchase travel insurance that will cover you for these types of scenarios.
Choosing group travel indicates your acknowledgment that there is a possibility of encountering contagious illnesses during the cruise or tour or during your free time. We strive to create a secure and enjoyable experience and encourage guests to use best-practice preventative measures to avoid illness. If you have any concerns related to this, whether due to pre-existing conditions or other reasons, or if you have health-related queries at any point, we encourage you to discuss them with us at the time of booking.
Here are some helpful prevention tips to keep in mind while travelling:
- Masks are typically optional but may be required at any point during the tour
- Wash/sanitise your hands regularly
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay hydrated
- Know your limits
- Follow instructions from your Cruise/Tour Director at all times
If you become unwell
We require guests who are displaying any symptoms of illness (as listed below) to follow these steps:
- Advise their Cruise/Tour Director as soon as possible.
- Wear a fitted mask over their nose and mouth at all times.
- Follow instructions from their Cruise/Tour Director regarding physical distancing.
- Maintain these precautionary measures until at least 24 hours after symptoms have resolved or, in the case of COVID-19, after a negative test.
Symptoms of respiratory illness
- New or worsening cough and/or sore throat
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Runny nose and/or sinus congestion
- Fever or chills
- Muscle or body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Extreme fatigue
While local health authorities no longer mandate isolation, it is still recommended to do so to reduce the spread. Any medical attention or diagnostic measures (testing) will be left to the discretion of the individual experiencing symptoms. If you test positive for COVID-19 or show serious signs of illness, please inform your Cruise/Tour Director. Additionally, we ask that you follow the instructions from our staff members regarding wearing a mask and physical distancing. If reasonable isolation is not possible, the APT Travel Group reserves the right to make adjustments for the well-being of all guests. Please note that refusal to cooperate may result in the possibility of removal from the tour to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated to ensure a happy and safe experience for everyone.