Ha Long Bay
Marvel at this uniquely beautiful site, named one of new world's seven wonders of nature
General Information & Conditions
If you do not find what you want in the Terms & Conditions below, or in the relevant online brochure, please contact us for further information.
Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions (‘booking conditions’) form the basis of your contract with Australian Pacific Touring Pty Ltd (‘APT’, ‘we’ or ‘our’). Please read them carefully as they set out your and our respective rights and obligations.
Our terms and conditions are divided in two sections - those of generic nature that are consistent across all APT holidays; and those of a specific nature that relate to particular holiday packages.
For specific details about the required deposits, special deals, passport/visa requirements, and cancellation policies applicable to the destination you are travelling to - please read the full General Information and Conditions found at the back of the applicable online brochure. Online brochures can be viewed here.
By asking us to confirm your booking, we are entitled to assume that you have had the opportunity to read and have read these booking conditions, that you agree to them and that you agree to them applying to your holiday arrangements that you book with us and which we agree to make, provide or perform (as applicable) as part of our contract with you. References in these booking conditions to your ‘holiday package’ are references to the tour package you have booked with APT. References to ‘excursions’ are references to short trips or tours included or available as part of your holiday package.
These booking conditions are governed by the law in force in Victoria, Australia.
BEFORE YOU BOOK
Published prices are valid at the time of publication but are subject to change. They may be varied by advertising or special offers, or changed after the publication date for any reason, including without limitation, to cover changes in government taxes and charges, exchange rate variations, fuel surcharges, airline charges, a force majeure event or other material increases by suppliers. The most up to date pricing may be found on our website – www.aptouring.com.au. Prices will be confirmed at time of booking and honoured for up to seven days. Once the security deposit is paid the price will be guaranteed. All holidays are subject to availability at the time of booking.
Please see important information listed under Special Conditions for relevant deposit and final payment terms.
Airport transfers are included on the first and last day of the holiday package at designated times. No refund will be given for unused transfers. Transfers cannot be re-routed to other pick-up points or destinations. Passengers who miss the pre-booked transfers must make their own way to/from the hotel at their own expense. A group transfer is generally a shared transfer and the type of vehicle used will normally be dependent upon the size of the group.
Freedom of ChoiceTM & Signature Experiences
Minimum and maximum group numbers apply on some Freedom of Choice or Signature Experience inclusions. If your first choice of Freedom of Choice or Signature Experience excursion is unavailable you may be asked to choose an alternative.
Public Holidays & Festivals
Most countries have public holidays, religious or otherwise. Festivities may temporarily disrupt your holiday and some religious holidays may result in a reduction of facilities and entertainment.
Superdeals & Special Offers
Conditions Apply. For full terms and conditions relating to any Superdeal or special offer on your booking, please go to www.aptouring.com.au/specialdeals.
Other Special Offers
Special Deals and Special Offers other than those advertised herein may be promoted by APT after the program is released. These new special deals/offers do not apply to existing bookings unless otherwise stated.
Details including the range of benefits are available on our website at aptouring.com.au/aptclub
BOOKING & PAYING FOR YOUR HOLIDAY
Disruption to Cruising and Itinerary Arrangements
Itineraries are intended as a guide only and are subject to alteration without notice. Alternations may be necessary for various reasons including, without limitation, road, rail, river or weather conditions, strikes or other reasons beyond APT’s control. If conditions render any routes unsafe for navigation, APT reserves the right to provide alternative services including, but not limited to, accommodation on the docked ship or substitute land arrangements. Under normal river conditions, itineraries will operate as far as possible as published. However, sometimes for reasons beyond our control, it may be necessary to make alterations to your itinerary. For example, without limitation, if there is a water level problem on a river, it may be necessary to operate part of the itinerary by coach and alternative sightseeing may be included. APT will not be liable for any direct or indirect costs that you incur as a result of any event or other factor beyond our control which necessitates a change in your itinerary. Additionally, you are not entitled to any refund for any alterations to your itinerary that are caused or contributed to by any flood or water level events or such other events which are beyond our control. APT cannot guarantee exact arrival and departure times for carriers and operators used by APT and APT will not be liable for failure to make connections with any other services or attractions beyond its control.
Limitation of Liability
1. Our holiday packages include the services of independent providers, such as hoteliers, airlines, cruise companies and other operators, who are not agents, servants or employees of APT. Although we take care in selecting the independent service providers and the optional excursions conducted by some independent service providers, APT is not responsible for the conduct of the independent service providers, their servants and agents or for any ramifications of that conduct. Optional excursions may, depending on your holiday package, include activities such as climbing, exploring, bike riding, swimming and snorkelling. You accept and assume the risk involved with these activities.
2. If, in the opinion of any representative of APT, your mental or physical condition, or general behaviour is such as to affect your own health and safety, render you incapable to care for yourself, cause you to become a hazard to yourself or other passengers or result in you becoming objectionable to other passengers or staff, you will not be permitted to embark or continue on the whole or any part of the holiday package. APT representatives are empowered to ask guests to depart a holiday package if they are displaying known COVID-19 symptoms. Abuse or harassment of any kind toward crew, contracted suppliers or other guests may result in immediate removal from a holiday package. Guests will be responsible for arranging and paying for their own transport home if they are asked to leave the tour. APT is not liable to you for any costs associated with such decision and you will not be refunded for any part of the holiday package.
3. APT accepts no responsibility for any death, injury, illness, loss (including loss of enjoyment), damage, detention, delay (including mechanical breakdown) beyond its control.
4. Any term, condition or warranty expressed or implied by statute or otherwise in respect of the holiday packages contained in any of our collateral are excluded to the full extent permitted by law. Nothing in these booking conditions excludes, restricts or modifies the application of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) as amended, consolidated, supplemented or replaced.
5. To the full extent permitted by law, APT’s liability arising under or in connection with these booking conditions: (a) is limited to the re-supply of the products or services or the payment of the cost of re-supply of the products or services to you; and (b) excludes liability for any indirect or consequential losses suffered by you or any third party, howsoever caused, including but not limited to pure economic loss or any special, extraordinary or punitive damage to you or any other party.
6. Your travel agent will forward deposits and other payments to us on your behalf, but your travel agent is not our agent for the purpose of receipt of monies. Receipt of deposits and subsequent payments by the travel agent does not constitute receipt of those monies by us and the travel agent has no authority expressed or implied to receive monies on our behalf. There is no liability on the part of APT in respect to any monies paid to your travel agent unless and until APT notifies you (by way of a booking confirmation advice or payment receipt advice) that monies have been received by APT. APT reserves the right to cancel any ticket or booking or refuse to carry any passenger where payment has not been received by APT within the specified time.
7. Specific meal requests are requests only and cannot be guaranteed.
APT does not employ medical staff on its tours. If you require medical attention, local medical services can be contacted immediately. You are responsible for all charges that result from a visiting a medical facility, or for a medical practitioner visiting you. APT is not responsible for the type or quality of the medical services you may receive.
Government regulations forbid smoking in tourist coaches however frequent stops are made for those wishing to smoke. Smoking is not permitted in hotel rooms or ship cabins. Requests for smoking/non-smoking rooms will be passed on to hotels but cannot be guaranteed.
Responsible Service of Alcohol
Our staff are trained in the responsible service of alcohol and are obliged by law to guest service to any guest who, in their reasonable opinion appears to be intoxicated or behaves in an aggressive or offensive manner.
If a problem occurs during your holiday you should, in your own interests, advise your tour director so that steps can be taken to resolve the matter. If you remain dissatisfied, any complaint must be made in writing to APT within 30 days.
Each passenger is entitled to take one piece of luggage that does not exceed 160cm (63 inches), or weigh more than 23kg (50 pounds). Dimensions for checked baggage are calculated by adding together the width, height and depth of the piece of baggage. An extra charge will be imposed to cover porterage handling of any additional luggage. Your tour director will advise you of the exact additional charge.
Some holiday packages may have restricted luggage limits, please refer to Specific Terms & Conditions under relevant destination for more information.
Please note that there are specific General Information and Conditions that are determined by:
You can read these specific General Information and Conditions on the back pages of the relevant online brochure here.
If you did not find the details you require here, or in the relevant online brochure, please contact us for further information.
Images within this publication - Some of the images contained in this publication are courtesy of Tourism Tasmania: Stu Gibson, Adam Gibson Luke Tscharke, Kathryn Leahy, Margaret River Tourism: Russel Ord Photography, Graham Werner, Tourism SA: Extra Miles Pictures, Studio Ponant: Nicolas Matheus, Steve Strike, Albatros Expeditions: Sandra Petrowitz, Tourism NT: Mark Fitzgerald and Pete Eve, Tourism WA: Frances Andrijich, South Australia Tourism Commission: Ben Goode and Adam Bruzzone, Julie Fletcher Photography